About Boston Software
Boston Software provides comparative and custom rating software to independent insurance agents and carriers.
Our WinRater Rating Software is an essential tool for professionals needing an exact-dollar estimate of policy premiums as well as the sales and efficiency features to manage their book of business in today’s fast-paced world.
Rating technology is our one exclusive business focus. In 1995, we built the first Windows-based rating system in the country (WinRater) that set a new standard for speed, simplicity, accuracy, and reliability.
WinRater is now used by over 1,700 agencies in Massachusetts (our primary market) and in hundreds of other agencies throughout the country, thanks to custom contracts with carriers.
We understand (and stay focused on) the unique demands facing agents, CSRs, and carriers today. Thus, we continually seek the ideas and advice of our customers to innovate wherever possible, optimize the functionality, and improve the on-screen workflow of our software. We strive to simplify the rating process and eliminate time-consuming tasks, such as having to re-enter data in multiple systems.
Most importantly, we back every one of our products with prompt, personalized service.
You’ll never be frustrated when you partner with Boston Software. Whether it’s over the phone or in your office, we’re always available to provide the support you need. The reason we’re able to deliver this human touch is because we make it a priority.
- Founded in 1995, privately held corporation
- Built the first comparative personal lines rating software for Microsoft Windows (WinRater)
- Personal Lines products supported: auto, homeowners, dwelling/fire, umbrella
- Commercial Lines products supported: workers compensation
- Maintain strategic relationships with industry-leading software vendors, insurance organizations, and component integrators
- Integration Bridges with Agency Management Systems include Applied, AMS, DORIS, InStar, SIS, Special Agent
- Real-Time connections with many carriers for Rating and Submitting
- Members of ACORD, APT, and ISO