MAIP Voluntary Rating Solution
WinRater Auto can access the Voluntary Rates of an Assigned Risk Carrier (ARC) for MAIP assignments
As of September 1, 2012, MA Commonwealth Automobile Reinsurers (CAR) requires each ARC to provide access to its voluntary rates at the time of the risk’s assignment. This requirement allows Assigned Risk Producers (ARPs) and independent agents to immediately determine the lower of the voluntary or MAIP rate and the correct down payment.
ARCs currently integrating with WinRater for this service are listed below, along with contact information should you have any questions regarding their rating process:
- Amica – 866-688-6247
- Pilgrim Insurance – Chuck Alley, 617-956-6220
- Plymouth Rock Assurance – 866-353-6292
- Quincy Mutual – Cheri Nersessian, 617-770-5346
Work up a quote in WinRater as you normally would. Once you realize that the business will need to be assigned through MAIP, just click on the MAIP premium in the Premiums Panel at the right, then click Submit. Note: You also can find these instructions under the Help dropdown menu at the top of your screen (see red arrow).
Next you will see the MAIP Submission popup box shown in the screen above. This message will remind you:
- not to change any quote data while you are in the MAIP system;
- to keep track of the Assigned Risk Carrier name and MAIP Certification Number that the MAIP system will assign you.
Click the OK button in the popup box.
(Note: the WinRater submission application will no longer display; the submission will occur automatically without you having to click the green arrow that used to display.) Just click “OK” in that box, and WinRater will automatically submit the policy to MAIP.
The SinglePoint Real-Time process will start, and you will see screens similar to those above instructing you to log onto the MAIP Policy Application System.
Once you have logged onto the MAIP system, you will go through each screen, following the instructions.
The last step in the MAIP process is Assignment; you will see screens similar to those above. In addition to displaying the MAIP Premium, the first screen also will display the name of the Assigned Risk Carrier, along with a MAIP Certification Number. Please write down or otherwise make note of the ARC name and the MAIP Certification Number; you will need these when you go back into WinRater to get the voluntary rate.
When you go back into WinRater, a “Get ARC Voluntary Quote” popup box similar to the above will be in the screen waiting for you.
- The message in this box will remind you that to insure an accurate voluntary quote, you must have started the entire quoting process from within WinRater.
- This box also will include a list of the Assigned Risk Carriers that participate in the WinRater/MAIP voluntary rating solution.
- Enter the MAIP Certification Number from the previous step where indicated, then click the Go to Quote button.
If MAIP has assigned the business to an Assigned Risk Carrier that does not participate in the WinRater-MAIP solution, you will see the popup above letting you know this. This message also will advise you to contact the carrier directly to get the voluntary rate.
If the Assigned Risk Carrier does participate in the WinRater/MAIP voluntary rating solution, you will see a screen similar to the one above. Note: you will not be able to make any changes to the coverage information at the left, because the voluntary quote data must match the original quote data.
- Click Rate All at the bottom right of the Premiums Panel;
- Your voluntary rate will appear near the top right, along with the MAIP rate that was there previously. The lower rate will appear above the higher rate.
- As with all Real-Time Rated quotes, make sure to check the right side of the Plan Summary screen for any additional information.
- The down payment premium for the lower rate also will display in the Premiums Panel.
If you choose to print a Quote worksheet, the MAIP Certification Number will appear at the top right.
FYI, should you ever need to refer back to the MAIP Certification Number on the quote, WinRater has saved it in the Client screen, in the Quote Description field of the original quote.
- Pilgrim Insurance
- Plymouth Rock
- Quincy Mutual
Try WinRater Auto Software free for 7 days
Simply fill out the form below to request your free trial. After you submit your request, a Boston Software representative will contact you with further instructions.