- At this time only New Business quotes can be rated for Safeco.
- Motorcycles must be rated separately from cars.
- Safeco determines an average rating factor for all rated drivers and then automatically applies that factor to all vehicles. You don’t need to assign drivers to specific vehicles.
- Safeco does not allow you to exclude an operator on only some of the vehicles on a quote. Exclusion must be on all vehicles.
Carrier Options tab
- Safeco has four Coverage Levels – Essential, Enhanced, Superior and Ultra. If you don’t select one, Safeco defaults to the Essential level.
Lookup By License Can retrieve and validate driver history using a license number Lookup By Vin Can retrieve and validate vehicle history using a full VIN Clue Reporting Does not run a Clue Report (which takes into account at-fault and not-at-fault accidents as part of the rating criteria) as part of the Real-Time Rating process Eligibility Determines if the risk is eligible or ineligible during the Real-Time Rating process Renewal Rating Does not quote renewal rates within SinglePoint Effective Dates Does not quote prior rate filings further than 30 days back Motorcycle Rating Quotes motorcycle risks in SinglePoint without other vehicles Out of state Garaging Quotes vehicles garaged out-of-state Out of state Drivers Does not handle drivers with out-of-state experience in a unique manner Agency Codes Requires specific agency code info in order to generate a real-time quote Automatic updates of Agency Codes Does not automatically import and save your agency codes Modification of Limits Changes unoffered limits entered in SinglePoint to its closest offering and present a rate
- Heat type affects the rate but is not required. If you don’t answer this, Safeco will default to Gas and provide a message.
- Roof type affects the rate but is not required. If you don’t answer this, Safeco will default to Asphalt Shingle and provide a message.
- Foundation Type affects the rate but is not required. If you don’t answer this, Safeco defaults to Basement and provides a message.
- Number of baths affects the rate but is not required. If you don’t answer this, Safeco will default to a number based on other information provided (square footage, # stories, etc.) and will provide a message.
- Safeco Coverage Levels:You can select Level 1, 2, 3, or 4. If you don’t choose a level, Safeco defaults to New Quality Plus.
Credit Carrier runs a credit report during the Real-Time Rating process Coastal Lookup Carrier runs a Risk Meter (distance to coast) or similar mapping tool for the dwelling location Plan Selection Carrier does not assign the appropriate plan based on underwriting criteria Modification of Limits Carrier changes unoffered limits entered in SinglePoint to its closest offering and presents a rate Agency Code Carrier requires you to enter an agency code in order to use Real-Time Rating Eligibility Carrier determines if the risk is eligible or ineligible during the Real-Time Rating process