Boston Software is pleased to be an authorized service provider for the RMV’s new EVR Lite program. This means we have partnered with the RMV and integrated with its ATLAS system to electronically process new vehicle Registrations and Registration transfers within our SinglePoint platform.
Some of the basics you need to know:
- Transactions that can be processed in EVR Lite include:
- New Registration and title
- Registration transfer
- Registration plate reassignments
- Registration renewals
- Registration reinstatements
- Pre-staged Registration and Title Applications
- Agents will be expected to process between 10 -35 new Registration and/or Registration Transfer transactions per month.
- Agents will print temporary plates and provide plastic “sleeves” to their insureds when registering a vehicle.
- Agents will not have to maintain an inventory of metal license plates and decals.
- Metal plates and decals will be mailed to insureds within 10 business days by the RMV Fulfillment Center.
- All of the RMV and Department of Revenue documents can be signed electronically.
- Boston Software will provide technical support to all agents processing EVR Lite transactions.
- The temporary plate and Registration is valid for 20 days and available for reprint via myRMV until it expires. The temporary Registration may be extended at no fee for an additional 20 days, should the need arise.
Benefits to independent agencies:
Let’s face it, even though you may not like it, insurance agents do a lot of RMV-related tasks in order to service their book of business. But by making one small change – processing EVR Lite transactions in SinglePoint – your agency workflow will be significantly more efficient.
- Provide enhanced customer service: cater to your customers that want to get their car on the road the same day
- Because SinglePoint automates most of the work, EVR Lite saves you and your staff a lot time and money.
- Eliminate the need to send your insured (or runner) to an RMV branch, wait in line, etc.
- Eliminate having to mail documents to the RMV and waiting 5-7 days.
- Eliminate mistakes – the RMV and Boston Software have built a workflow that prevents RTA mistakes. Your insureds will never get sent away from an RMV branch empty-handed.
- Differentiate yourself in the market.
How it works in SinglePoint
As an EVR Lite agent, you will partner with Boston Software and the RMV to process new Registrations and transfers and other transactions. Each transaction has unique requirements, but generally speaking, here is how a new vehicle Registration will be processed in SinglePoint:
- Your insured will provide the original paperwork including title, bill of sale, and any other appropriate documents.
- Using SinglePoint’s RMV Inquiries, you will enter the minimum information required to validate and process this transaction.
- ATLAS will run this information through its business rules to make sure all required information has been provided and confirm the Registration can be processed electronically.
- While collecting the RTA data in SinglePoint, you will scan and upload these documents to the RMV ATLAS system.
- SinglePoint will send an email to your insured with detailed explanation of fees.
- Boston Software will charge an $25-$30 Online Expedite Fee to process the transaction immediately. (This is similar to the fee insureds pay to a runner.)
- The insured pays the fees through SinglePoint’s safe, secure credit card payment portal. (We expect to add payment via ACH in the near future.)
- The temporary plate is made available to the agent in SinglePoint and can be printed.
- The agent provides the temporary plate and plastic sleeve to the insured, which needs to be fixed to the vehicle.
- The car can be driven immediately.
- The RMV will send the metal plates and decals to the insured through mail within 3-5 business days.
- The RMV will mail the title to the insured 4-6 weeks later.
How to become an EVR Lite agent
The RMV handles the EVR Lite application process, which requires some effort on your part, but it is very manageable. And we are here to assist you and get your questions answered.
The RMV will need you to identify ten new Registration and Title or Transfer transactions that your agency has processed for each of the prior two months. A simple spreadsheet indicating Customer Name, Address, and VIN number for the RTAs you created and sent to the RMV branch will suffice.
Once the volume is confirmed, the RMV will send you the Welcome Packet and supporting forms that need to be completed. There is a fair amount to review here. . The Welcome Packet does a nice job of outlining all the necessary requirements, including background checks, permit bond, Certificate of Good Standing, etc.
At least two members of your agency staff must attend a two-day EVR Lite training, coordinated by the RMV.
You must sign a Permit Holder Terms Agreement.