Agents can process all Registration reinstatements and most Registration renewals in SinglePoint RMV. This eliminates the need for an RTA and skips all the paperwork, signatures, and wet stamps these transactions typically require. The short tutorials below outline the steps to renew or reinstate a Registration in SinglePoint.
Payments and fees
- There is no cost to agents to use this feature.
- Consumers are charged a $20 “electronic runner” fee for transactions up to $100. Above $100, a $2.00 fee per $50 is added, in addition to RMV fees.
- Payment needs to be made the same day as the transaction. If payment is delayed, the agent can attempt to process again as long as the eligibility shows “yes” in the RMV results.
- If a customer does not have an email address where the payment link can be sent, the agent can pay with their own credit card and collect payment from the customer. (The card must belong to the person processing the payment.)
- The system requires a credit card for processing; e-checks are not accepted.
- Customers can submit payment using their smartphone.
- All transactions are stored in the cloud, so it is not necessary to keep receipts.
- All plate types can be reinstated in SinglePoint and most can be processed for renewal. See below for those plates that cannot be renewed in SinglePoint.
- Only MA license plate numbers can be processed – no out-of-state license plates.
- Commercial registration processing is also available in SinglePoint. On the Reg Reinstatement tab, change the Owner Type to Business, enter the FID number, and proceed.
- You can only process Registrations for carriers for whom you have e-stamp access in SinglePoint.
- Consumers can still go to the Mass RMV website to process their renewal or reinstatements. If the transaction requires an insurance stamp agents can do it for them in SinglePoint.
- When there are two names on a registration, just entering one name is sufficient for processing.
- The policy effective date can only be 30 days prior to the date of processing.
- Boston Software will provide technical support.
Plate types that cannot be renewed in SinglePoint
School Pupil Normal
School Bus Normal
Commercial Limited Use
Commercial Farm Tractor
Capitol Police Motorcycle
Mass House Speaker
Mass House Majority Whip
Metro District Commercial
Honorary Consular Corps
School Pupil Disabled
Livery Limited Use
Year of Manufacture (Motorcycle)
Environmental Police Motorcycle
Motorcycle State Police
Bruins (Renew Only)
Celtics (Renew Only)
USA Olympic team
School Bus Reserved
Boat Dealer Normal
Dealer Motorcycle Normal
Ham Radio Operator
Attleboro Transit Authority
Berkshire Transit Authority
Brockton Transit Authority
Cape Ann Transit Authority
Cape Cod Transit Authority
Franklin Transit Authority
Greenfield Montague Transit Authority
Lowell Transit Authority
Mass Bay Transit Authority
Merrimac Valley Transit Authority
Mass Turnpike Transit Authority
Montachusett Transit Authority
Martha’s Vineyard SE Transit Authority (VTA)
Martha’s Vineyard SE Transit Authority (MVTA)
MetroWest Transit Authority
Nantucket Transit Authority
Pioneer Valley Transit Authority
Southeastern Regional Transit Authority
Transit Police Motorcycle
Worcester Transit Authority
Water Resources Transit Authority
Taxi Limited Use
Year of Manufacture