As part of SinglePoint’s RMV Services – an expanding set of capabilities resulting from the partnership between Boston Software and the Massachusetts RMV – independent insurance agents can renew most passenger Registrations within SinglePoint, eliminating the need for their customers to visit the RMV or the agency. No new RMV paperwork is required, provided you have completed the ATLAS Business Partner Agreement with the RMV. (If you are able to run RMV Lookups in SinglePoint now, you will be able to process Registrations.)
The short video tutorial below outlines the basic steps involved in renewing a Registration in SinglePoint.
(You can also click here to download the presentation as a PDF.)
Payments and fees
- There is no cost to agents to use this feature.
- Consumers are charged a $20 “electronic runner” fee for transactions up to $100. Above $100, a $2.00 fee per $50 is added, in addition to RMV fees.
- Payment needs to be made the same day as the transaction. If payment is delayed, the agent can attempt to process again as long as the eligibility shows “yes” in the RMV results.
- If a customer does not have an email address where the payment link can be sent, the agent can pay with their own credit card and collect payment from the customer. (The card must belong to the person processing the payment.)
- The system requires a credit card for processing; e-checks are not accepted.
- Customers can submit payment using their smartphone.
- All transactions are stored in the cloud, so it is not necessary to keep receipts.
- This process eliminates the need for an RTA. It skips all the paperwork, signatures, and wet stamps.
- Most passenger plate types can be processed for renewal using SinglePoint (see below for those that cannot).
- Only MA license numbers can be processed; no out of state licenses.
- You can only process Registrations for carriers for whom you have e-stamp access in SinglePoint.
- Consumers can still go to the Mass RMV website to process their renewal, but if it requires an insurance stamp agents can do it for them in SinglePoint.
- When there are two names on a registration, just entering one name is sufficient for processing.
- Boston Software will provide technical support.