Later this summer, the RMV will launch a new program called Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) Lite. EVR Lite will enable insurance agents to register and title vehicles electronically, in addition to other Registry transactions.
Boston Software is pleased to be an authorized service provider for the EVR Lite program. All EVR Lite functionality will be available within SinglePoint.
As the name EVR Lite suggests, some of the requirements will be lighter than the traditional EVR program. Specifically, EVR Lite agents will only be required to process 10 Registrations a month (rather than 30), and will be able to print temporary plates so that they don’t have to maintain an inventory of metal plates.
The benefits of EVR Lite for agencies include:
• Provide enhanced customer service: cater to your customers that want to get their car on the road immediately same-day
• Because SinglePoint does a lot of the work, the EVR Lite process saves you and your staff a lot time and money.
• Eliminate the need to send your insured (or runner) to an RMV branch, wait in line, etc.
• Eliminate having to mail documents to the RMV and waiting 5-7 days.
• Eliminate mistakes: The workflow created by Boston Software and the RMV prevents RTA mistakes, so your insureds will never be sent away empty-handed.
• Differentiate yourself in the market.
Once you are set up on EVR Lite, the RMV, Boston Software, and your agency cooperate through electronic means to process vehicle Registrations and apply for Titles. Together we work with your insured to gather all necessary documents, collect fees and sales taxes, transfer funds from SinglePoint to the RMV, and get your insured on the road.
To learn more about EVR Lite, please contact Charlie Walsh.